Based in Skövde, Sweden
December 8, 2016
Press / Business contact:
Flamebait Games is a small award-winning game studio focused on delivering strange and charming games to the masses.
The tale of Flamebait Games began in early 2015 at the university of Skövde. Together, a team of students started developing games with the purpose of exploring experimental concepts and creating fun experiences. After a few failed projects, Flamebait started developing Passpartout: The Starving Artist, a game where the player paints and sells their own art. As their first commercial release, Passpartout was launched in June 2017 and has since become a major success. In the following months, Passpartout was ported to mobile and tablet devices and released on Android and iOS in November the same year. Since then, Flamebait released two more games, Verlet Swing and Forge and Fight! Currently, Flamebait is working on Passpartout 2:The Lost Artist, a sequel to the first game which will let you break free from the shackles of your studio and explore the beautiful seaside town.
Passpartout Trailer YouTube
Verlet Swing Trailer YouTube
Forge and Fight! Full Releas Date Announcement Trailer YouTube
Passpartout 2: The Lost Artist Announcement Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Flamebait Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Rookie of the Year" - Sweden Game Conference, Skövde, Sweden, October 2016
- "Nomination for Indie Prize" - Casual Connect Europe, Berlin, Germany, February 2017
- "Best of New Releases" - Steam, June 2017
- "Winner of Best Fun For Everyone" - Nordic Game, Malmö, Sweden, May 2018
- "Winner of Big Indie pitch" - Pocket Gamer Connect, UK, June 2021
- "Official sellect" - Wholesome Direct, US, June 2021
- "It's like Diner Dash, only for art."
- Christopher Livingston, PC Gamer
- "Passpartout: The Starving Artist is very fun and quirky. 8/10"
- Cristian Puscasu, culturedvultures
- "This is art” “This is fun!"
- Content creator, Markpiler
- "I like that it gives you an excuse to indulge in some childish MS Paint creativity"
- Brendan Caldwell, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "This game reminded me just how much fun painting can be."
- Nintendo Indie world, Nintendo Indie world
- "The more I progress, the more I find myself changing to cater to the dynamic environment. 8/10"
- Seulki Lee, IGN Korea
Team & Repeating Collaborator
CEO, Game Direction
Audio Design, Production
3D art, Art Direction
Animation, General art, UI/UX