The five-man team of Flamebait is looking to expand! We value creative freedom, experimentation and the swift death of our darlings. Flexibility and the ability to change direction fast is something we believe is very important. Flamebait released Passpartout: The Starving Artist in June 2017 and are soon to start the next exciting project. We’re looking for a programmer to join us in our adventure!
You’ll be working on-site in Skövde with the tight-knit team, developing prototypes and full games. As we’re a small team you should expect a dynamic work place where tasks that aren’t related to programming may fall upon your shoulders. We value everyone’s opinions and input so this is the workplace where you can truly shape the games you work on.
- Have at least two years of experience in Unity and C#.
- Have a good feeling of how to make gameplay feel real nice (think juice/pizzazz).
- Have a good grasp of English, both in speech and writing.
- Be flexible – your tasks may vary and not always be code-related.
- Be a non–perfectionist – we want a “make-it-work”-attitude.
- Be self-motivated and passionate about making the game as great as it can be.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Education or experience of game design and/or UXD.
- Education or experience in shader programming.
What’s in it for you:
- $$$ (also known as salary, or economic compensation for work performed).
- An 80’s double-exposure photograph of yourself.
- At least one (1) but not limited to one (1) Flamebait Hoodie to be used at your own pleasure.
- A nice full-time job (we’re also open to doing part-time, should any students apply).
Software you’ll be using:
- Visual Studio.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s a good idea to include a resume and a cover letter. Deadline for applications is December 1st.
July 6th, 2017 – Skövde, Sweden – The launch of Passpartout has been a great success for Flamebait Games with over 50 000 copies sold the first month.
“The release of Passpartout: The Starving Artist has gone way beyond our expectations. Especially when you’ve read so much about the oversaturation of game titles. Before launch we dreamed of selling 15 000 copies, which felt like a huge number at the time. Now, with 50 000 copies sold we’re able to keep doing what we love – weird awesome indie games and for that we’re both excited and grateful.” – Mattias Lindblad, CEO of Flamebait Games
June 13, 2017 – Skövde, Sweden – Passpartout has been live for one week – now with over 15 000 artists. Flamebait Games shares some fun stats!