- What information is collected
When you access and play the Game you provide Flamebait and/or the platform/service providers with two types of information: Personal information you knowingly choose to disclose which is collected by Flamebait and/or the platform/service providers and Game use information collected by Flamebait and/or the platform/service providers as you interact with the Game. When you register an account for the Game you provide Flamebait and/or the platform/service provider with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, and any other personal or preference information that you provide to Flamebait and/or the platform/service provider. When you enter the Game, Flamebait or the platform/service provider may collect your browser type and IP address etc. This information is gathered for all Game visitors and/or players.
When you access, register for or play the Game, you may set up your personal profile and transmit information through various channels (Facebook, Twitter, Amazon etc.). Flamebait and/or the platform/service providers collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features, for example via Unity Analytics, Google Analytics etc. In general, Flamebait and/or the platform/service provider retain such information so that, for example you can return to your account stored information etc. When you update such information, Flamebait and/or the platform/service provider normally keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
If you choose to use any invitation service to tell a friend about the Game, Flamebait or the platform/service provider will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend’s email address etc. Flamebait or the platform/service provider will automatically send your friend a one-time email or instant message inviting him or her to visit the Game. Flamebait and/or the platform/service provider stores this information to send this one-time invitation, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact Flamebait at email@example.com to request that Flamebait remove this information from its database. By accessing and playing the Game you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States and the European Union etc.
- Use and disclosure of information
We may use personally identifying information and records for defense of any lawsuit, investigation or other actions if such personally identifying information, records or profiles are relevant to a lawsuit, investigation or action.
- Cookies and logs etc.
Logfiles. Log files are files that log actions that have occurred on a website. Flamebait may collect data in the form of log files and may use such log files to gather statistics about End Users user habits and to assess overall Game activity, including how many “hits” a particular web page is getting and other navigational data. These entries are generated anonymously, and enable Flamebait to track interest in specific promotions, troubleshoot technical concerns, and provide End Users with content that may be of interest to them. Log files are used internally only, and are not associated with any particular user, computer, or browser.
Web beacons. The Game may use a variety of technical methods for tracking purposes, including “Web beacons” etc. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of the Game. We may also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns in the Game, such as the frequency with which End Users accesses various parts of the Game etc. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We also use these technical methods in HTML emails that we send our End Users to determine whether our End Users have opened those emails or clicked on links in those emails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
- Payment information
End Users purchasing the Game may be asked by us or the platform/service provider to provide certain personally identifiable information, such as full name, billing address, email address, phone number and credit card number/expiration date etc. Please note that you must be the age of 18 or older to make Game purchases.
Once End Users have successfully entered valid credit card information and completed the order process, a purchasing account will be created and maintained for them. If End Users do not complete the order process, the information they submitted during the order process will not be captured by Flamebait’s systems. Flamebait or the platform/service provider uses the information provided to process the End User’s order and to send order confirmations via email etc, as well as to make future purchases easier for the End User. Flamebait does not sell, transfer or share customer information with third parties, except when the information is transferred, disclosed and shared with its third-party agent(s) who uses the information solely to handle and deliver certain online activities necessary to operate Flamebait’ business (e.g., processing orders and payments).
Flamebait is always looking for ways to improve your experience in the Game. Flamebait may at times solicit additional personally identifiable information to help it to offer new games, products and services that may be of interest to you.
Flamebait and the platform/service providers has taken steps to ensure that the personally identifiable information it collects is secure and have taken reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information collected from our Game’s End Users. Personal information is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible to authorized employees and contractors. We and the platform/service providers also have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our and the platform/service providers’ control. However, there is no such thing as perfect security. As a result, although we strive to protect personally identifying information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us through or in connection with the Game, that we store on our systems or that is stored on our service providers’ systems.
Please note that Flamebait and the platform/service providers may provide links to other games and websites that are operated and hosted by third parties who may have their own information collection practices. These other games and websites are governed by their own privacy policies, which may be substantially different from Flamebait’s policy. Visitors to other games and websites are encouraged to review the privacy policies and information collection practices of those websites.
- Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the Game and related services, 2) where legally required or, 3) when permitted by you. For example:
- We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer in and related to the Game. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the Game, to send out email updates about the Game, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services etc. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the specified purposes.
- We may occasionally provide demonstration accounts that allow non-users a glimpse into the Game. Such accounts have only limited capabilities and passwords are changed regularly to limit possible misuse.
- We may be required to disclose End User information pursuant to legal requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants etc. meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Game or misuse of the Games name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm etc. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies etc.
- When you use the Game, certain information you post or share may be shared with other End Users in accordance with the privacy settings you select. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, photos, videos, or other items, this information may become publicly available.
- Changing or Removing Account Information
End Users may modify or delete any or all of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. End Users who wish to deactivate their Game account may do so in accordance with the terms of the platform/service providers. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to other End Users or visitors of the Game.
- International Data Transfers
Flamebait is based in Sweden, and your personal information is collected and processed in accordance with Swedish privacy laws and EU Directive 95/46/EC on data protection. You agree and accept that Flamebait may share your information with third parties, out of which some may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and transfer and store Your personal information and data in the United States.
You should be aware that the privacy laws in such countries may not be equivalent to the EU privacy laws, and by using the Service you consent to your personal information being transferred to and processed and/or stored in countries outside the EEA, including the United States.
- Governing Law, Disputes
Kaplansgatan 16 B
541 34 Skövde, Sweden
Last Updated: August 1, 2017